tag: Lady Law Student: The Good, The Great and The Ugly

Thursday 30 June 2016

The Good, The Great and The Ugly


What a week...

The Ugly
What a week its been, this has honestly been one of the most up and down weeks that comes to memory, I can honestly say it has been like riding a roller coaster. The end of last week saw My furry family and I head off on holiday to St. Davids in Pembrokeshire for 10 days of relaxing with friends. We arrived late Thursday night having just voted in the EU referendum. We awoke Friday morning to the news that the UK had decided to leave the EU, I can hand on heart say that this was not the news I was expecting. Having spent a year studying EU law I firmly believed that we would be remaining within the EU and that this was the best option for the UK. I'm not ashamed to say that the news brought tears to my eyes, I do not believe that the UK has made the right choice and I'm currently undecided as to whether I will stay when I graduate from university. While it may, in the long run, lead to a stronger economy, I am tired of being the generation that lives through uncertainty. I am the generation that saw the introduction of tuition fees, the removal of student grants and one recession. The idea of facing further uncertainty and a possible second recession greatly saddens me. But that being said, I suppose it falls to us all to pull up our sleeves and knuckle down together to make this work. 

The Good

Don't worry this weeks post won't be all doom and gloom. The good this week is that I spent my birthday with my wonderful partner. friends and cheeky spaniel Bramble. We spent a wonderful week playing board games, cooking, drinking (possibly too much) and playing on the beach. It was a truly wonderful long weekend and I am so lucky to have the wonderful friends that I do. 

Bramble in the sun


My wonderful partner and friends
Prosecco and Trivial Pursuit







St Davids, Pembrokeshire

I highly recommend, to absolutely everyone, visiting Pembrokeshire in Wales no matter what the weather is like it is always beautiful and full of incredible things to do. There are countless beaches to visit, amazing places to eat and independent shops crammed full of beautiful things to take home. My top 5 things to do are; 
  1. Narbeth, Pembrokeshire - one of the best tapas restaurants in Wales is located there, its called ultracomida. It also has tonnes of independent shops full of incredible treats. 
  2. Cwtch  restaurant, St Davids, - we eat here every single year and it never fails to wow me.  The menu changes most days and serves up some wonderful local produce. Also cwtch means cuddle in welsh. 
  3. Caerfai Bay, St Davids Pembrokeshire - less busy than most beaches in Pembrokeshire and is completely stunning. I took the dog for a walk there most mornings and the fresh sea blew out any cob webs from the night before. (pictured below) 
  4. The Bench , St Davids - the best gelato in wales, made from milk from the farm down the road. Also if you have a craving for a particular flavour you can request it and they will make it for you within 48 hours.
  5. The Farmers Pub , St Davids, Pembrokeshire - traditional local pub, full of wonderful pictures of the local lifeboats, stunning beer garden and they sell kitkats behind the bar...what more could you ask for . 


The Great (saving the best till last)

The Best news of the week...month...year for me is that *drum roll* my darling partner..now fiancee asked me to marry him, and of course I said yes. He took me to our favourite spot in Wales (a small bench which overlooks the sea on our favourite walk) and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, I of course burst into tears (of joy) and said yes. There are no words to describe how happy I am and I'm beyond thrilled that it happened in Wales. This means that there may be a student wedding budget blog post in the future (depending how crazy 3rd year is)


Fiancee and Bramble


Sadly we now only have one day left of our holiday before we head back to reality, so I am going to spend it curled up with the dog and a book. Sending sandy hugs and cwtches from Wales. 

Lady Law Student 
xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment